Wednesday, August 22, 2012

August 22, 2012

Tonight for dinner we had Bacon Wrapped Chicken Shish Kabobs.  They were pretty good.  You take chicken marinated in a little bit of red wine vinegar, and low sodium soy sauce.  Marinate for in fridge.  About 20 min before assembling kabobs, throw in pineapple chunks and mushrooms.  Boil some bacon for 5 min (yeah sounds and looks nasty, but turns out better in the end).  Then ready to assemble.  Take small piece of jalapeño put on chicken then "wrap" with a small piece of bacon.  Then put on skewer with pineapple and mushroom.  Repeat.  Broil for 5-7 min on each side.

Like I said it was pretty good.  The best part of todays meals were the twice baked potatoes.  I used half a huge potato for my husband and I.  Cooked tater in microwave, scraped out innards.  Mixed that with a very small amount of cheese, 4 oz turkey, 1/2 cup fat free sour cream.  Scooped back into potato skins.  Popped in fridge for overnight safe keeping.  Then when at work, I just nuked it in the microwave.  Got a lot of compliments on how good it smelled at work.  And it was really good.  It was nice to have a whole carb in a meal.  Of course that meant no carbs the rest of the day.  But hey, it was worth it!

If I have any more outstanding recipes I will post them later.  We have had a few that I really liked.  Especially the tzatkiki sauce for turkey olive feta burgers.  I now use it over my bocca burgers, with a little feta cheese.  Oh and it is soooooo good!!!  I'll post a recipe tomorrow or the next day.  Oh and I will have to post my protein bars as well.

Ashley

Previous recipes from myP90xnutritionplan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment