Wednesday, May 21, 2014

152 Days....

152 days until what???  DISNEY WORLD!!!!  I am so excited, I can hardly contain myself.  I think I am more excited than my 4 y/o.  But I only think that is the case because she has no idea what is in store.  

So the last time I posted I was turning 34.  I was hoping to get down to 179 lbs.  Guess what.... I did.... and guess what else.  I ended up gaining it back over the course of a year.  Yup, I ended up back in the place I said I never wanted to go again.  At just over 200lbs.  

I never quit working out, I just stopped eating like an athlete, and started eating like an unhealthy pig.  I changed jobs, and most weeks I end up working mostly day shift, but at least once a week I end up having to switch gears and work night shift.  It has been really challenging to say the least.  My resolve slipped and back I went into old habits.  

I keep telling myself that if I can quit smoking, I can quit this.  But quitting smoking was easy.  I stopped hanging out with smokers, and I stopped going into gas stations and paid for my gas at the pump.  To this day I rarely step foot inside the gas station convenient store.  But I can't just quit going to the grocery store.  Or completely avoid the birthday cake that someone has brought in at work.  

I have a few will power issues that I need to work out.  I even tried doing BeachBody's newest workout plan, 21 Day Fix.  I ended up losing 7 lb. in the first week.  But guess what, week two went completely downhill.  So the first round I only lost about 8lb.  Not bad, but it could have been more.  So I went for round 2.  And it went horrible.  I gained back almost all 7 lb. that I lost.  

So now where do I stand.  I'm not really sure.  I know what I have to do, I just keep questioning myself and wondering if I can really do it this time.  I hate being in this place.  None of my scrubs fit very well.  And I hate the way I feel!  So what do I do?

I give myself 151 days to get my butt in gear and lose some weight before we go to Disney.  That's October.  I know I can do this.  I have done it.  I just need to have a stronger resolve and remember why I am doing this.  

Why am I doing this???  Because I am tired of waking up each morning and looking at myself and thinking, well I guess one more day of bad eating won't hurt me.  I am tired of putting on my clothes and thinking if only I were 5 lb. lighter, they would fit better.  I am tired of waking up and calculating how long before I get to go back to bed.  I want to be able to enjoy life.  I want my daughter to see a healthy role model.  And I want her to know that it's okay to have a piece of cake at the birthday party, just not every day needs to be sugar filled.  

I need to get my life back in order and figure out what is most important.  And right now my #1 priority needs to be me.  I can't take care of anyone else if I don't first take care of myself.  

So here are my DAY 1 stats:
weight: 200lbs
Chest: 43.5"
Waist: 42.5"
R arm: 13.5"
L arm: 14"
R thigh: 21.5"
L thigh: 21.5"

I am going to be doing Les Mills Pump.  I ended up losing the most weight I have ever lost with this program.  I have found that weight training is the best for me.  Cardio is okay, but since I build muscle so well, I can really ramp up my metabolism.  I will be doing several different cardio workouts on the other three days of the week.  Choosing from T25, TurboFire, 21 Day Fix, and Les Mills Combat.  Depending on what workout is scheduled and how much time my work schedule allows for.  

I am going to follow the 21 Day fix eating plan.  So far it is the easiest plan I have ever come across.  No calorie counting, no macros to figure out, just fill the containers and eat.  I will stick to it!!  I am tired of starting over..... I will not quit!!


No comments:

Post a Comment